The histopathology section provides diagnostic capability on surgical specimens.
Type of biopsies
- Small biopsies including endometrium, cervix, skin, oral biopsies etc.
- Endoscopic biopsies including gastrointestinal, bladder and bronchoscopic specimens
- Excision biopsies of lesions like anal polyps, cysts, moles etc.
- Large resections like wide local excisions of breast lumps, soft tissue tumors etc.
- Large specimens (whole organ) like uterus, placenta etc.
- Small biopsies (72 hours)
- Large specimens (4-5 days)
- Oncologic diagnosis with immunohistochemistry (5-7 days)
Slide scanning facility
- For providing whole slide scan
- For cross-referral